Mission and Vision of
FUMC Children’s Ministry
“Seek the Lord and His strength;
seek His face always.” Psalms 105:4
Purpose: To create a Christ centered environment within the children’s ministry (kids, parents, families, leaders, events) that brings children and families to a relationship with Christ and others. This will be done through lessons and quality fellowship time and activities.
Children’s Mission Statement: To equip children with a biblical foundation that drives a desire to be disciples, transform hearts, lead others to Christ, and seek God daily.
Children’s Vision Statement: I will walk with Christ in all things, be confident in my relationship with Jesus Christ, serve my Lord, and share Him in my community.
As the Children's Ministry Pastor here at FUMC Canyon I am so excited you are checking out our activities for the children in your life.
Children’s Ministry Fall 2020
- Worship Sundays as a family, wiggle bags are available to pick up and offer activities for you kiddos during service
- Kids are invited to participate in children’s time during the service, this is a time designed specifically for kids to engage in worship
- No ON-SITE childcare
- Reimbursement form for date night childcare and/or grow group meeting childcare can be downloaded from our website or found in the Reimbursement Pocket located outside Office 110
- No ON-SITE Wednesday children’s activities
- We are excited to spend this fall season focusing on Family Ministry. Each week kits will be available for pick up on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings (drive-thru style). These kits will have everything you need to create an evening of scripture, discussion, crafts, and activities to put key ideas and faith into motion.
- September: Prayer, Jeremiah 29:12
- October: Camp Faith, Hebrews 11:1
- November: Sharing Hope, 2 Timothy 1:7
– the name chosen to describe our children’s ministry.
As a follower of Christ, we are all called to be SEEKERS. Psalm 105:4 tells us to “Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His face always in all things.” We are called to be disciples and to transform hearts and lead others to Christ and teach them to seek God. We strive to teach the children who come through our doors a solid, scriptural foundation they can use every day as they seek out a personal relationship with Jesus. You and your child are personally invited to join us in this transformation into great Disciples of Christ. As you continue to read this page, you will find a variety of activities for your child that we offer regularly to support the task God has set before us.
Please have a peace of mind knowing that we set standards very high for our leaders, volunteers, and nursery staff. Your child will be cared for and nurtured by adults who have hearts for children, hearts for God, possess clear background checks, and pass our Safe Sanctuary training. These last two provide the physical safety for you and your child. We constantly strive to provide to best we can offer!
Kids Grow Groups
Sundays 9:40 am – 10:40 am
Scripture based lessons and activities for children 3 years old – 6th grade.
Nursery provided for infants – toddlers.
Nursery is provided during worship services for children 5 years and younger.
We encourage and welcome children in the sanctuary for worship.
5th Grade Worship/Armor of God Study
Sundays 9:40 – 10:40 am
The 5th graders will spend Sunday mornings in the spring semester studying the armor of God, the Methodist hymnal, and what it means to worship, worship responsibilities, and what part it plays in being a disciple.
This study meets in the spring, Sunday mornings 9:40 – 10:40 am.
6th graders and older youth with a desire to grow their faith have the opportunity to explore the main tenets of our faith while strengthening their beliefs and relationship with Jesus Christ. At the end of their study these individuals can chose to be confirmed into the church. In addition to Sunday mornings we will have activities scheduled throughout the semester a few evenings to expand the knowledge and meaning of being a disciple and finding individual identities.